· TE Gary Barnidge recorded six receptions for 65 yards, including a 7-yard touchdown. He has a team-high seven touchdown catches this season, tied for the second-most by a Browns tight end in a season. On the season, Barnidge is tied for the team lead with 48 receptions and is second with 667 receiving yards.
MOST TD RECEPTIONS BY A BROWNS TIGHT END – SEASON
Player Year Total
1. Ozzie Newsome 1979 9
2. Gary Barnidge 2015 7
Jordan Cameron 2013 7
4. Ozzie Newsome 1983 6
Ozzie Newsome 1981 6
· In his third start of the season and fifth of his career, QB Johnny Manziel set career highs in completions (33), attempts (45) and passing yards (372). He added one touchdown pass, one interception and a 95.8 rating. His 372 passing yards were the fourth-most by a Brown on the road and the 10th-most by a Brown in a single game.
MOST PASSING YARDS IN A GAME BY A BROWNS QUARTERBACK ON THE ROAD
Player Opp. Date Comp. Att. Yards
1. Josh McCown at Bal. 10/11/15 36 51 457
2. Kelly Holcomb at Cin. 11/28/04 30 30 413
3. Jason Campbell at N.E. 12/8/13 29 44 391
4. Johnny Manziel at Pit. 11/15/15 33 45 372
5. Frank Ryan at St.L 12/17/66 17 30 367
· WR Travis Benjamin recorded seven receptions for 113 yards. He recorded a 61-yard catch in the first quarter, the longest play of the season by the Browns. Benjamin has three career 100-yard games, all this season. He also has four catches of 50-plus yards this season. Benjamin is leading the team with 736 receiving yards.
· Rookie DB Charles Gaines made his NFL debut and recorded a forced fumble and five tackles.
· DB Jordan Poyer recorded his first career interception.
· WR Brian Hartline recorded a season-high six receptions for 77 yards.
· WR Andrew Hawkins tied a season-high with seven receptions for 69 yards.
· K Travis Coons converted on a field goal from 23 yards. On the season, he is 16 of 16 on field goal attempts and 14 of 16 on PATs. Coons has the longest consecutive made field goals streak by any Browns kicker to begin his career. He is also the first Browns kicker to make 16 consecutive to open a season since 2012, when Phil Dawson converted 23 straight to open the year.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 8,561, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 138 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· DB K’Waun Williams registered five tackles and recovered his second fumble this season.
· Rookie LB Nate Orchard recorded his first career forced fumble.
· LB Christian Kirksey recorded his second sack of the season. He has four in his career.
· P Andy Lee registered three punts inside the 20-yard line. He has 319 punts inside the 20 in his career, 10th most in NFL history.
· Rookie OL Cameron Erving made his first NFL start.
· After starting all 25 games since being drafted in the second round in 2014, OL Joe Bitonio missed the first game of his career due to an ankle injury.
· The following injuries occurred during today’s game:
o DL Randy Starks left the game with a knee injury in the second quarter and did not return.
o WR Andrew Hawkins left the game in the fourth quarter with a concussion.
o WR Taylor Gabriel left the game in the fourth quarter with a concussion.