by Don DiFrancesco (@MayorNEOPrep)
NORTH OLMSTED, OHIO–Berea-Midpark was a winner for the fourth time in their last five games, beating Southwestern Conference opponent North Olmsted 61-42 on Tuesday night. The Titans (6-4, 4-4 SWC) took a 16-15 lead on a 3-point shot by Luis Vega early in the second quarter and never trailed thereafter.
North Olmsted (1-10, 1-7 SWC) scored the first six points of the game and held a 15-13 lead after one quarter, but turnovers—21 for the game—plagued the Eagles for the rest of the evening.
For Berea-Midpark, Vega has been a consistent scorer off the bench for most of the season. On Tuesday he sank a variety of shots and finished with 16 points, second only to Titan teammate Jalen Dixon who tallied 17. Vega and Dixon are both seniors.
For North Olmsted, senior guard Ben Lima was the leading scorer with 10 points
Berea-Midpark 13 18 19 11 = 61
North Olmsted (home) 15 8 7 12 = 42
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on