Prior to the team’s upcoming three-game weekend beginning Friday in Iowa, Cleveland’s Lake Erie Monsters announced Wednesday morning that Monsters right winger Josh Anderson was recalled by the Columbus Blue Jackets for the first time this season and rookie forward Seth Ambroz was recalled by Lake Erie from the ECHL’s Cincinnati Cyclones.
A right-handed shooter, Anderson was selected by Columbus with the 95th overall pick of the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft while Ambroz was selected by the Blue Jackets in the fifth round of the 2011 NHL Draft with the 128th overall pick.
A 6’3”, 221 lb. native of Burlington, ON, Anderson registered three goals, four points and ten penalty minutes in eight AHL appearances for the Monsters this season. In six career NHL games played for the Blue Jackets, Anderson, 21, has one assist, two penalty minutes and a -1 rating to his credit.
Ambroz, a 6’3”, 215 lb., 22 year-old right-handed shooter from New Prague, MN, appeared in one game for the Monsters this season and registered 25 penalty minutes in ten ECHL appearances for Cincinnati so far this year.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Friday road tilt vs. the Iowa Wild with live coverage from Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA underway at 8:00 pm on AM 1420 The Answer and the Monsters Hockey Network.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on