CLEVELAND – In advance of a Friday road tilt vs. the Iowa Wild, Cleveland’s Lake Erie Monsters announced Wednesday that fourth-year center Michael Chaput was recalled by the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets for the first time this season. A left-handed shooter, Chaput was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the third round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft with the 89th overall pick.
A 6’2”, 197 lb. native of Ile Bizard, Quebec, Chaput registered five goals, eight points, four penalty minutes and a +1 rating in 13 AHL appearances for the Monsters this season. In 50 career NHL games played for the Blue Jackets during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons, Chaput, 23, has one goal, five assists, 23 penalty minutes and a -8 rating to his credit.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Friday road tilt vs. the Iowa Wild with live coverage from Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA underway at 8:00 pm on AM 1420 The Answer and the Monsters Hockey Network.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on