CLEVELAND– In this early part of the season for the Cleveland Indians, one swing is deciding a majority of their games.
That was again the case on Tuesday night, as the Tribe topped the Detroit Tigers, 2-1.
Andrew Miller got his first win of the season for Cleveland, and still has a 0.00 ERA. Cody Allen recorded his third save of the year as well, giving him the third most saves in franchise history with 125. Alex Wilson took the loss for Detroit.
With the win, Cleveland increases its winning streak to three games, and has now won nine straight against the Tigers. The Indians also are above the .500 mark for the first time this year.
Here are three takeaways from the win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on