CLEVELAND – The news is not good today when it comes to suspended Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller.
TMZ.com released the 9-1-1 call in which a woman who reportedly is Moeller’s Fiancee, seemed out of breath and was leaving Moeller’s home. She was visiting the coach from Maryland.
The woman says to the operator – “[Andy] just tried to strangle and beat me. I’m leaving the premises and I gotta get out of here quickly.”
“I hate to do this to him, but you know what, I’m glad I made it out of there in time,” the woman said in the call.
As far as what happened to start the violence, the woman says she was on the phone with her son when Moeller told her to ‘shut up,’ and things then got heated from there.
“I kept telling him to stop and not to hurt me,” she stated in the call.
She said Moeller may have been drinking that night. The coach already was suspended once by the NFL in 2011 for a DUI while serving as a coach with the Ravens.
After filing a complaint, the woman did press charges against Moeller, but Jim Walters, a prosecutor in Berea, Ohio, will review the details and decide whether he wants to charge Moeller.
Walters gave a statement Tuesday that said “this review is likely to continue for a number of days. If charges are issued, an announcement will be made at an appropriate time.”
The Browns suspended the coach indefinitely Monday in a statement.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on