BROOKLYN, OHIO – The Eagles of St. Edward took the ice at the John M. Coyne Recreation Center on Monday to take on the Lakewood Rangers and they did not disappoint in a 10-0 win in district playoff action.
The Eagles scored within the first minute of the game and didn’t look back.
At the end of the 1st period, it was 9-0 in favor of St. Ed’s. The Eagles then scored in the opening minutes of the 2nd period to increase their lead to 10-0.
The game was ended after the second period due to a mercy rule. Notable players for the Eagles were Curtis Szelesta, who had a hat trick and two assists, and Jason Steckle, who had five assists.
St. Ed’s faces Avon next round, which will be played Saturday, February 27th at 2:30 pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on