HORIZON LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP 1ST ROUND
No. 9 Youngstown State (11-20) vs. No. 8 Cleveland State (9-21)
Friday, March 3, 2017 | 8:00 pm
Detroit, Mich. | Joe Louis Arena
Live Stats | ESPN3 | AM 1420 WHK
• Eighth-seeded Cleveland State opens the 2017 Horizon League Championship with a first round game against ninth-seeded Youngstown State on Friday (March 3) at 8:00 pm at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Mich.
• The Vikings are 9-21 this year and finished 5-13 in the League. YSU is 11-20 overall and also went 5-13 in the Horizon League.
• Friday’s game will be broadcast live on AM 1420, WHK with Al Pawlowski providing the play-by-play.
• The game will be broadcast live on the WatchESPN App/ESPN3 with Will Haskett and Dave Kaplan on the call.
THE YOUNGSTOWN STATE SERIES:
• CSU leads the all-time series with YSU, 46-41, and has won 15 of the last 21 meetings between the two teams.
• The 87 games are the most CSU has played against a school in program history.
• YSU won the first meeting this year, 67-64, on Jan. 28 with CSU earning a 69-55 win in the Wolstein Center in Saturday’s regular season finale.
• Friday’s game will be the first-ever meeting between the two teams in the Horizon League tournament.
• The winner of Saturday’s game will play top-seeded Oakland in a second round game on Saturday (March 4) at 5:30 pm at Joe Louis Arena.