In a move that was expected, the Utah Jazz, who acquired Cavs point guard Derrick Rose the day of the trade deadline, today announced they have released Rose.
Jazz Waive Derrick Rose pic.twitter.com/2eKPysI85G
— Utah Jazz PR (@UtahJazzPR) February 10, 2018
In 16 games for the Cavs this season before being dealt Rose averaged 9.2 points per game. The rumor mill seems to point to Rose heading to the Twin Cities to join the Timberwolves, who would welcome another veteran to the roster.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on