CLEVELAND– It was a sellout crowd at Progressive Field for Andrew Miller jersey night, as the Indians finish a final series against the Detroit Tigers before the All-Star Game.
After the Tribe came out and scored 11 runs against the Tigers on Friday, tonight was more of a pitchers’ duel, as the Tribe topped Detroit 4-0. Three of Cleveland’s four runs came in the bottom of the eighth inning.
Cleveland has been evenly matched with the Tigers all season, and are now 6-5 against Detroit overall and 3-2 at home.
Mike Clevinger got the win, while Justin Verlander took the loss for the Tigers.
The Indians have now won 16 of their last 24 games, and are now 23-19 against AL Central opponents.
Prior to tomorrow’s final game before the All-Star break, here are our three takeaways from Saturday’s win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on