The Browns are in the market for the next face of the franchise at the quarterback position, and today they are getting a look at a player that many will have interest in come next month’s NFL Draft – that being Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson.
Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer and Cleveland.com reports that the team will also host quarterback and local kid Mitch Trubisky this week as well.
The private session comes one day before the Browns will host Mentor, Ohio native Mitch Trubisky and other local prospects at the Browns facility in Berea for workouts and visits.
Only the local prospects, those who have gone to high school or college in the surrounding area, are permitted to work out for the Browns when they visit the facility.
The other 30 prospects who come to town can only interview, get checked medically, spend time in the meeting rooms and dine with team officials.
Watson’s draft stock went way up after he led Clemson to an upset win over Alabama in the National Title game in January, and in his college career he went 33-3.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on