After taking games one and two of the four-game set in Boston, Indians fans were smelling blood as they felt like they could possibly get three or (gulp) a four-game sweep over the big bad Red Sox.
As baseball goes though, good teams usually don’t stay down for long, as the Sox took care of business on Wednesday, and Thursday in a day game it was all Sox starter David Price, who went eight shutout innings in a Sox 7-0 win.
The Tribe in the last two games of the series were outscored 17-4, but in the end it’s nothing more than a split of a four-game set, with the Indians showing all of baseball they can hang with the best the American League has to offer record wise.
Here’s three takeaways from the Thursday loss as the Indians get set for a weekend series with the Royals starting Friday night.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on