3. Jump on Giolito
White Sox starter Lucas Giolito isn’t actually having a Cy Young season for the awful Sox, and teams have been able to get to him early and often in 2018, like in a May 13th game against the Cubs.
In that game he gave up three walks, two wild pitches and four stolen bases – in just the first inning.
Giolito was beat up in his last outing in a 9-3 loss to the Orioles, complete with allowing two bases loaded walks to bring in runs.
“Back to the drawing board,” manager Rick Renteria said after that game. “He’s a young man who has to continue to minimize the emotional aspect and stay focused, stay relaxed and hammer the zone with strikes.”
Giolito leads the AL in walks, so look for a patient Indians team to take advantage of that tonight at home with their hot hitting top of the lineup.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on