2. Who Are These Guys?
The A’s as stated in our open are six games over .500 at 44-38, not bad for a team that wasn’t expected to do all that much in 2018.
Last season the team was last in the AL West, going 75-87, winning 46 of 81 games at home.
This season there’s been a couple bats on offense that have led the way for the team, including Jed Lowrie, who comes into play Friday leading the team with a .294 average, 13 homers and 55 RBI with 23 doubles.
Khris Davis leads the team with 20 homers, but is hitting just .225 and has struck out a team high 83 times this season.
Catcher Jonathan Lucroy, who almost was an Indians two seasons ago, has settled in with the A’s, and comes into play Friday hitting .261 in 218 at bats.
Lowrie is by far the most dangerous hitter on this team, and Bauer and the rest of the staff has to be careful whenever he’s at the plate.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on