After today’s blockbuster of a trade this Six Pack is going to be draft heavy with my Cavs playoff prediction sprinkled in. Mock Draft 2.0 is at the end so stay tuned!
- When the news broke today of the Titans/Rams trade, I was not surprised at all that the Titans dealt the pick. I was surprised the haul they got from the Rams. Two first rounders, Two second rounders, and two third rounders. WOW!
- The move makes sense for both teams. The Titans have their QB and they need to build around him so the more picks the better. The Rams are in a new city and have a decent team but need the face of the franchise at QB to go along with the good defense and Todd Gurley. I think it is safe to assume that either Goff or Wentz will go number one.
- Now I think this trade puts the Browns in a, dare I say, a NO LOSE SITUATION. Yes, I’m serious. Even if the Rams take the QB the Browns wanted, we would truly never know. They could draft the other QB not taken at one. They can trade down or they can take best available player. Scroll down to the Mock to see what I have the Browns doing
- I know people either really love to trade down or they hate it. Now the Browns sit in a position where if a team is desperate enough to get the other QB, they may be willing to give the Browns alot. I’ll admit, I don’t want a trade down but would be intrigued if the trade down was still in the top 10. I will say its 60/40 the Browns keep the pick. I hope Sashi Brown has his phone charged. It’s going to be ringing alot over the next two weeks.
- MOCK DRAFT 2.0
- Rams: Jared Goff- The Rams select the California Kid in their first season back in the City of Angels
- Browns: Carson Wentz- Trading down is a huge possibility but since I don’t do trades in my mock, the Browns keep the pick. In my opinion, the Browns like both QB’s so there is no settling on one or the other.
- Chargers: Laremy Tunsil- The Chargers need help on the O-Line. Phillip Rivers is not getting any younger and they need to protect him while his window is still open
- Cowboys: Jalen Ramsey- I had them taking Wentz in Mock 1.0. Since both QB’s are gone the Cowboys get the best player in the draft.
- Jaquars: Joey Bosa- The Jags focus on the defense and pick one of the best pass rushers in the draft. I can see Myles Jack a possibility for the Jags as well.
- Finally the NBA regular season is over and the Cavs will play the Pistons in round one starting this Sunday. The Cavs will win the series in 5 games. How awesome would a Miami vs Cleveland Eastern Conference Final sound? I am hoping for that for sure so LeBron and company can stick it to those bum Heat fans. Got to get past the first two rounds first, Lets not get to ahead of ourselves.
That’s it for this week’s Six Pack of Random. Make sure to follow me and the guys from Sports on Tap on Twitter @SOTPodcast. Our next podcast is in one week on April 21st.
Thanks for reading. See you next week.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.