CLEVELAND – Cleveland’s Lake Erie Monsters announced Friday that Monsters left winger and leading scorer Kerby Rychel was assigned to the Monsters by the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets for the third time this season and will rejoin the team prior to Lake Erie’s Saturday road game vs. the Iowa Wild. A left-handed shooter, Rychel was selected by Columbus with the 19th pick of the first round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
A 6’1”, 205 lb. native of Torrance, CA, Rychel registered four goals, ten points and a +4 rating in six AHL appearances for the Monsters this season and tallied five penalty minutes while logging nine-plus minutes of ice time in his lone NHL appearance for Columbus this year, a 4-1 road loss in Chicago on October 17th. In six career NHL games played for the Blue Jackets, Rychel, 21, has three assists, seven penalty minutes and a +2 rating to his credit. Rychel did not appear in a game for Columbus during his most recent call-up.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a four-game road trip beginning tonight vs. the Milwaukee Admirals with full coverage from the BMO Harris Bradley Center underway at 8:00 pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on