The Cleveland Monsters were on the road for the first of two in Charlotte against their divisional foes, the Charlotte Checkers. The Monsters were looking to make it two in a row, winning in their last game almost a week ago against Texas.
The Monsters started in the hole early, Andrew Poturalski scored within the first two minutes of the game, sounding the horn at the 1:56 mark of the first period. Justin Scott would tie it up at the 5:09 mark, eventually sending the two teams into intermission tied at one apiece.
Patrick Brown was the lone goal scorer in the second frame, scoring at the 11:20 mark and giving Charlotte a 2-1 lead heading into the final twenty minutes of play.
Jordan Maletta would even the game once more, as the Monsters would send the game into overtime after the goal by Maletta at the 9:36 mark.
Overtime would wind up scoreless and the Monsters would enter familiar territory with a shootout.
It would take four rounds before Valentin Zykov would break the tie and win the game for the Checkers, as they took the shooutout victory by a final score of 3-2.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on