The Lake Erie Monsters took on the Grand Rapids Griffins Friday night and fell 1-0 in overtime.
It was a scoreless match for three periods, as goaltender Brad Thiessen put up a valiant performance, with 38 saves, but it was the 39th shot on goal that proved to be the difference. Griffins’ defenseman Nick Jensen scored 2:08 into overtime to make it 1-0.
Griffins’ goaltender Jared Coreau earned the shutout victory with 30 saves on the night.
The Monsters have gone 2-4-1-1 in the first eight games of a ten-game road trip, and have two more stops to make in Chicago and Rockford before coming home on Wednesday to take on the Griffins.
Lake Erie sits at fifth place in the Central Division with a record of 19-13-3-3.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on