The American Hockey League has suspended Cleveland Monsters defenseman Cameron Gaunce for three games, the league reported today. Gaunce was penalized with a boarding penalty as well as a game misconduct for a check on Milwaukee’s Yakov Trenin on Saturday. Trenin was down for several minutes, though on second glance it appears Gaunce didn’t have much to do with injuring Trenin. Nonetheless, the Cleveland defenseman was out of the game within the first three minutes of the opening frame against the Admirals.
— Elaine Shircliff (@imaraindancer) November 20, 2017
Gaunce will miss the road game on Wednesday against Milwaukee and the two-game homestand against the Texas Stars.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on