CLEVELAND – Prior to a Friday home game vs. the Manitoba Moose, Cleveland’s Lake Erie Monsters signed 24 year-old left-handed center Blake Tatchell to an amateur tryout contract, the team announced Thursday. A 5’10”, 183 lb. native of North Battleford, SK, Tatchell joins the Monsters following a four-year NCAA career at the University of Alaska-Anchorage, where he registered 31 goals, 103 points and 82 penalty minutes from 2012 to 2016.
Serving as an assistant captain for the Seawolves during his senior season this year, Tatchell supplied eight goals, 24 points and 32 penalty minutes in 34 games played. In parts of four junior seasons from 2007 to 2012, Tatchell contributed 78 goals, 190 points and 90 penalty minutes in 169 SJHL appearances for the Battlefords North Stars.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Friday clash vs. Manitoba with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 on ESPN 850 WKNR and simulcast on SportsTime Ohio and the Monsters Hockey Network.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on