CLEVELAND, Ohio- The Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers kicked off their four-game series at Progressive Field on Monday evening on a chilly day at the ballpark. Corey Kluber took the mound for the third time in 2018, as he squared off against Francisco Liriano. Kluber had yet to earn a victory on the year, but had already pitched a complete game on Opening Night and held a 2.40 ERA heading into the AL Central showdown.
It was a low-scoring affair, as the only runs brought across home plate came from a Bradley Zimmer two-run shot in the fifth inning off of Liriano. Zimmer caught ahold of a slider and sent it for a ride straight to center field. The score would stand put at 2-0, giving the Indians their first back-to-back wins of the 2018 season.
Let’s look at the three takeaways from the victory.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on