By James Reed
CLEVELAND–Tuesday night presented a matchup between the top and bottom Senate League teams: John Marshall at 5-1 and Lincoln West at 0-5. In the end, Marshall would remain undefeated in conference play after coming out on top, 75-59.
While the air was filled with tension, the score after the first quarter was what you would expect with Marshall leading, 19-12.
The Wolverines picked up their intensity in the second quarter to come back within two points, as both teams played a tough, full court game. Miller and West for John Marshall both turned up the heat in the half. The score at the end of the second quarter was still in favor of the Lawyers, 35-28.
The game continued to heat up in the third quarter as both teams made shots. Ray Oates for the Lawyers continued to draining 3s. To end the third quarter, the score was 51-45 in favor of Marshall.
With 3:11 left in the fourth quarter, Marshall was up 66-52. The Lawyers continued the intense defense and forced their dominance in the second half. Oates had a game high 20 points.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on