The Indians got good news yesterday with what looks to be a close return of pitcher Carlos Carrasco, and now are waiting on what’s going to happen next with former All-Star outfielder Michael Brantley.
Today Brantley spoke to the media prior to the Tribe’s 4:05pm start against the Baltimore Orioles, and stated right now there’s no timetable for his return.
“I want to be healthy each and every day and I have to play at a high level. This is the major leagues. You have to be at the best of your ability and the highest health-wise you can be,” Brantley said.
It’s been a tough comeback for Brantley, who hit .231 with no homers and 7 RBI in 11 games thus far for the Indians. He was placed back on the shelf on May 14th, and could come off the DL whenever he’s ready.
He got a shot in the injured shoulder two weeks ago, and said it’s a setback that hopefully will clear up quickly and he’ll be able to get back on the field. Right now it’s about rest and recovery for the outfielder.
“I rested, but I also did shoulder work and rehab and stability work, and just other exercises,” Brantley said. “Anything that’s going to help me get back on the field faster.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on