CLEVELAND– Cavaliers point guard George Hill will miss his second consecutive game as he deals with back spasms.
Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue confirmed Hill’s status ahead of Game 5 on Wednesday night. In his place, Jose Calderon will start at point guard as the Cavs try to take a 3-2 series lead against the Indiana Pacers.
Hill initially injured his back during Game 1 of the series on a hard screen from Indiana’s Trevor Booker. He was re-injured in Game 3 on Friday and has been undergoing treatment since, part of which included four injections in his back between Games 3 and 4. He also was able to participate in drills during Tuesday’s practice and Wednesday’s shootaround.
Lue did not go into detail concerning what exactly Hill has been doing while rehabbing.
“I know he took some shots to try and get himself ready to play, but that is pretty much all I know,” he said pregame.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on