CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Ohio State Buckeyes will travel to Purdue to take on the Boilermakers. Ohio State is number two in the country. They are 7-0 on the season. Purdue started the season on 0-3 on the year. They’ve recently won three straight. Including a win over 23 ranked Boston College.
Here are three keys for Ohio State:
1. Defense: It’s no secret. Ohio State has struggled defensively. When you have multiple years of talent head into the NFL. You would expect your team to take some sort of a step back. For Ohio State, that has been the case this year. More importantly, the Buckeyes will be without DE Nick Bosa for the remainder of the season. Bosa suffered a groin injury vs Texas Christian. Earlier this week, Bosa declared for the NFL Draft. Bosa is expected to be a top five pick in the 2019 NFL draft. For the defense, it’s next man up. It is now time for DL Chase Young to step into the spotlight and make his presence felt. Look for Ohio State to try to improve both in the secondary and against the run.
2. Get your running backs involved: Last week, the Buckeyes were able to run the ball 48 times against the Indiana Hoosier. As a team, they had 154 yards rushing. J.K. Dobbins and Mike Weber rushed for 152 combined. Look for Ohio State to continue to feed these two as the running could be the difference between struggling on offense and being effective on offense.
3. Protect Dwayne Haskins: Indiana had one sack as a team last week. That part is good. The bad news, Haskins was consistently having to escape the pocket and get out of harms way. Like any other pocket passer, Haskins is a much better quarterback when he has a clean pocket and has time to throw. Look for Purdue to blitz early and often. When Haskins has pressure in his face, he struggles.
While the Buckeyes prepare for their upcoming game against Purdue, you don’t have to travel nearly as far for outstanding food and game day atmosphere. In fact, watching a game at “Gameday Tavern” is better than being on the sidelines. They are the official watch party location for every big game, including Indians, Browns, Cavaliers and the absolute best place for Ohio State action.
The food, the great servers, the ice-cold drinks, and beer specials make it can’t miss stop for game day! In fact, during every Buckeye game, you can get their world-famous Buckeye Burger for only $6.50. They are so good, you may just have to order two!
Game Day Tavern Is located at 15119 Snow Road, Brook Park, OH 44142.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on