Former Cleveland Cavalier and now an analyst on NBA on TNT, Shaquille O’Neal said today on ESPN’s First Take that LeBron James should go to Golden State following this 2017-18 season.
LeBron has an opt-out clause in his current contract with the Cavs that allows him to become a free agent following this season and pursue other options.
On First Take Shaq said the following statement, “I’d go to Golden State. I’m not joking. He’s older. he’s on his way down…Go get three more.”
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 15, 2018
Murmers have gone around that claimed that ‘LeBron was not opposed to playing with the Warriors’ but turns out he was just complimenting how good the team is and he enjoys their winning atmosphere.
James is already a 3 time NBA Champion, winning it twice with the Miami Heat and ending the championship drought in Cleveland during 2016. If Lebron decides to go the route that Shaq advises and he ends up winning three more rings, James would tie Michael Jordan with 6 NBA Championships.
Shaq is speaking from experience because at the tail end of his career he began to chase championships and even teamed up with LeBron at one point but the team fell short. O’Neal could just be applying his own logic here.
As of right now though with as much fun as the Cavaliers are having with their “new squad” and seeing The King as happy as he is, I would say there is nothing to worry about at this moment.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on