When Trevor Bauer was traded by the Indians in a deal which netted them Yasiel Puig and Franmil Reyes and some prospects, the former Tribe pitcher seemed so unhappy about the move he put out an emotional video entitled “Thank you Cleveland.”
How three weeks can change someone’s mind.
Bauer, who has gone 1-2 with the Reds in four starts with a 5.87 ERA, went on Fox Sports Ohio and in an interview stated that he is much happier in Cincinnati, and doesn’t miss Cleveland.
The 28-year-old who went 9-8 with the Indians this year, seemed to not only take a shot at his former city where he played, but also the Tribe coaching staff.
“The information is great here, the coaching staff is great here, overall I am a whole lot happier here than I was,” Bauer said.
“Sometimes you don’t realize how unhappy you are in a situation until you are out of it, just kind of day-to-day life, miss some of my teammates and stuff, but overall, don’t really miss a whole lot about Cleveland.”
It will be interesting to see the feedback from Indians fans and Cleveland fans in general when it comes to Bauer’s comments, a city and fan base that supported him despite some rather odd behavior over his seven years with the organization.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) August 25, 2019
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on