The two hottest teams in the NHL took the ice with their impressive winning streaks intact, as the Columbus Blue Jackets took on the Minnesota Wild. The Jackets were riding a 14-game win streak and the Wild had won twelve in a row. Columbus would prevail tonight with a 4-2 win.
The Blue Jackets got on the board first, as Cam Atkinson made it 1-0 at the 10:05 mark. Columbus would take that own-goal lead into intermission.
In the second, Jack Johnson struck at the 3:29 mark to make it 2-0. Cam Atkinson stretched out the lead to three with a goal just fifteen seconds later. Granlund would make it 3-1 with a power play goal at the 5:58 mark. Seth Jones would bring it to 4-1 with a goal at the 17:35 mark. The third period would start with all the momentum on Columbus’ side.
Though Minnesota would score within the first thirty seconds of the frame to make it 4-2, Columbus would lock down defensively to make that score the final.
Make that fifteen in a row for Columbus, as they move to 26-5-4.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on