This game recap as is all of our Cleveland State Viking Basketball is brought to you by our fine sponsors at
***press release per Cleveland State***
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Bobby Word scored a career-high 26 points, knocking down a career-best seven three-pointers as Cleveland State fell at second-ranked Michigan State, 111-61, on Friday night in the final non-league game of the season for the Vikings.
Word, who had a previous career-high of 25 points against Western Michigan last year, hit 9-of-17 from the field, including 7-of-12 from behind the arc.
Anthony Wright finished with 14 points and three rebounds, while Tyree Appleby scored nine points with four assists and Kasheem Thomas added seven points.
The Spartans shot 41-of-63 from the field and hit 15-of-26 from three-point.
The Vikings are back in action on Monday (Jan. 1) when CSU hosts Youngstown State at 1:00 pm in the Wosltein Center in the Horizon League opener for both squads.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on