• Cleveland State concludes its four-game road swing with a 7:00 pm contest at Youngstown State on Saturday (Jan. 28) night.
• The Vikings are 6-15 overall and 2-7 in the Horizon League. CSU is coming off an 83-73 setback at Green Bay on Monday night.
• YSU is 9-13 overall (3-6 HL) and dropped a 94-85 contest in overtime on Sunday at Milwaukee.
• Al Pawlowski will have the call of Saturday’s game on AM 1420, WHK and AM 1440, WHKZ.
• The game will also be shown live on the WatchESPN App.
THE YOUNGSTOWN STATE SERIES:
• CSU leads the all-time series with Youngstown State, 45-40.
• The 85 games are the most against any opponent in CSU history.
• The Vikings have won 14 of the last 19 meetings in the series.
• CSU is 16-26 all-time in Youngstown, including a 64-59 win last year.
GAME 21 REVIEW: @GREEN BAY 83, CSU 73 (1/23/17):
• Green Bay used an 11-0 run midway through the second to turn a one point lead into a 12-point advantage and claim the win.
• Rob Edwards led the Vikings with 28 points – his 11th career 20-point game – hitting five of eight from three-point.
• Bobby Word knocked down four three-pointers and scored 19 points.
• Kasheem Thomas posted seven points, while Demonte Flannigan added six points and six rebounds.
• Derek Sloan had four points, three rebounds, two assists and three steals.
• CSU returns home to host Detroit at 7:00 pm on Thursday, Feb. 2 in the Wolstein Center.
• The Vikings will also host Oakland on Saturday (Feb. 4) at 2:00 in the Wolstein Center.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on
- Cleveland SC wins 4-1 over Akron FC in Their First Meeting of the Season on