There will be one less quarterback this training camp for the Cleveland Browns. The organization announced today that former South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw has been released.
The #Browns have waived QB Connor Shaw
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) June 30, 2016
Shaw was an undrafted quarterback that spent his first two NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns. He started one game for Cleveland which was the 2014 season finale against the Baltimore Ravens.
Shaw took to Twitter to explain how thankful he was for spending the last two years in Cleveland.
@Browns Thankful for the two years spent in CLE. Learned & grew a lot! Ready to see where God guides my family next!
— Connor Shaw (@cmshaw9) June 30, 2016
This release will make the quarterback situation less hectic. The Browns now have 4 quarterbacks on their roster fighting for the starting job.
Robert Griffin III
Cody Kessler (rookie)
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on