Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
WHEN: 7:00 PM EST
WHERE: @TheQArena, Cleveland, Ohio
LISTEN: @WMMS 100.7 FM, @wtam1100, La Mega 87.7FM
– Cavaliers (17-5, 1st in Central): After Saturday night’s impressive 116-105 victory over the Charlotte Hornets inside Quicken Loans Arena, the Cavaliers will be coming into tonight’s game looking to extend their four-game winning streak.
Tonight’s game will be the first night of a back-to-back set for the NBA’s defending champions (vs. Memphis today, at Memphis tomorrow).
Cleveland is 3-1 against the Western Conference this season. Over the last 49 regular season games versus the West, the Cavaliers are 39-10, including a 23-4 mark at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Cavs currently hold the best record in the Eastern Conference (17-5), as well as the top record at home (11-2).
* Cavaliers projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PG) Kyrie Irving (6′-3″, 193 lbs)
(SG) J.R. Smith (6′-6″, 222 lbs)
(SF) LeBron James (6′-8″, 250 lbs)
(PF) Kevin Love (6′-10″, 251 lbs)
(PF) Tristan Thompson (6′-10″, 238 lbs)
* Cavaliers injury report *
– None to report
– Grizzlies (17-8, 3rd in Southwest): Memphis will be coming into tonight’s match-up as winners in six straight games, including their impressive 110-89 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Saturday night inside FedExForum.
Marc Gasol leads the Grizzlies in scoring, averaging 19.9 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per game. However, the 7′-1″ Spanish big man is reportedly being held out of tonight’s match-up in Cleveland to rest.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) December 13, 2016
Zach Randolph and JaMychal Green will be roaming the paint for Memphis.
Randolph, the former Mighigan State Spartan stand-out and 19th overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft (Portland), is averaging 13.7 points and a team-high 8.2 rebounds.
Green trails just behind Randolph in the rebounding department. The 6′-9″ power forward is averaging 9.6 points and 7.9 rebounds per contest.
The Grizzlies will also be without Mike Conley, their leading assist man (5.7 assists per game), due to a nagging back injury.
Despite a myriad of injuries, Head Coach David Fizdale has his Grizzlies grinding out wins.
* Grizzlies projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PG) Andrew Harrison (6′-6″, 213 lbs)
(SG) Tony Allen (6′-4″, 213 lbs)
(SF) JaMychal Green (6′-9″, 217 lbs)
(SF) Jarell Martin (6′-10″, 239 lbs)
(C) Zach Randolph (6′-9″, 260 lbs)
* Grizzlies injury report *
– (PG) Mike Conley (back): Out
– (SG) Vince Carter (hip): Questionable
– (SF) Chandler Parsons (knee): Out
– (SF) James Ennis (calf): Out
– (C) Brandan Wright (ankle): Out
– (C) Marc Gasol (rest): Out
* All stats and information via www.basketball-reference.com, www.rotoworld.com, www.nba.com, www.espn.com, Elias Sports Bureau, and The Associated Press *
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.