The Canton Charge announced the schedule for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. Fans can find the entire slate of games at the team’s website.
The Charge will host 24 home games, including 18 weekend bouts.
The Charge open the season on the road, traveling to Grand Rapids, Michigan to face the Drive (Detroit Pistons affiliate) on Nov. 11 at 7:00 p.m.
Canton’s home opener tips off on Saturday, Nov. 12 at 7:00 p.m., when the Charge host the Long Island Nets (Brooklyn Nets affiliate) at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Three new teams have been added to the NBA D-League this season: the aforementioned Nets, the Greensboro Swarm (Charlotte Hornets), and the Windy City Bulls (Chicago Bulls).
Aside from the 24 home games, the Charge will play 24 on the road and two games at neutral sites (to be determined).
It should be an exciting season, as Canton acquired several new faces. Cavs fans may recognize some of these players from the NBA Summer League, including second-round draft pick Kay Felder, who is expected to start the season in the D-League.
2016-17 marks the sixth season of NBA D-League basketball in Canton and the Charge have made the playoffs in each of their five seasons. The team reached the semifinals three times, but has yet to reach the finals.
The Charge went 31-19 in 2015-16 (eliminated by Sioux Falls in semifinals) and will look to finally get over the hump and reach the D-League championship in 2017.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on