Head Coach Nate Reinking and the Canton Charge will have three new faces in their training camp midst. In a press release earlier today, the Charge announced the additions of the following three players:
Cook, 23, won the NBA D-League’s Rookie of the Year award last season with Canton and will be returning to the Charge for another run at the finals. The New Orleans Pelicans signed the former four-year Duke stand-out to their preseason squad this year, but for whatever reason, he failed to make the final roster.
Holmes, 23, logged quite a few minutes in his stint with the defending NBA champion Cavaliers during their preseason campaign, averaging 9.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 17.4 minutes of playing time. The 6′-9″, 242 lbs former Texas Longhorn could be a solid addition to Canton’s front-court rotation.
Moreland, 24, played his college basketball for Oregon State and also spent time with the Cavaliers this preseason. The 6′-10″, 218 lbs big-man should help bolster Canton’s interior defense.
With 15 players invited to camp, the Charge will be forced to make a few decisions with regards to their lineup. D-League teams must have their rosters trimmed to 10 players by the start of the season on November 11th.
This image shows Canton’s current roster.
Good luck to all of the NBA D-League’s prospective campers as they compete for a spot on their respective teams.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on