By Matt Loede
For whatever reason former Steelers running back Merril Hoge has never been very fond of Browns QB Johnny Manziel.
Many think since Hoge was a Steelers running back and Manziel plays for the Browns that’s the reason why.
I spoke to Hoge last November and asked him about Manziel – to which he told me it has nothing to do with where he plays – he’s just always felt the talent just isn’t there.
Whatever the case, now that Manziel is under center for the Browns, there’s a lot more attention being paid to him, and today the QB was asked specifically about Hoge’s dislike for him.
Hayden Grove got the footage – and it speaks for itself.
— Hayden Grove (@H_Grove) September 18, 2015
So there you have it – and let’s face it – Manziel shouldn’t be worried about what Hoge says – he should be more focused on the Titans this Sunday.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on