The Browns won’t have Josh McCown back this Sunday, as the team is going to start Johnny Manziel against Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans Sunday at First Energy Stadium.
Coach Mike Pettine said yesterday that he felt that McCown would start if he was able to go through a practice on Friday, but the vet remains in concussion protocol, opening the door for Manziel to start.
It will be Manziel’s third pro start, he started two games last season, a 30-0 loss to the Bengals at home, and a loss the following week against the Panthers on the road in which he left the the game with an injury.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on