CLEVELAND – For May, the Cleveland Browns have had a pretty active Friday.
After first agreeing to trade CB Jamar Taylor to the Arizona Cardinals earlier in the day, the Browns also announced that they had claimed DL Marcell Frazier off waivers. LB Austin Calitro was released to make room for Frazier on the roster.
Frazier was initially signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent two weeks ago on May 4, but was released yesterday. It didn’t take long for the Missouri product to be scooped up by the Browns.
The rookie played in 36 games during his three-year tenure at Mizzou and tallied 92 total tackles, 31 tackles for a loss, 17.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He’ll look to earn a roster spot and provide some behind budding pass rushers Myles Garrett and Emmanuel Ogbah, along with Carl Nassib, Chris Smith, Lenny Jones and fellow rookie Chad Thomas.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on