****POST TO BE UPDATED THROUGHOUT THE DAY****
By Ryan Kaczmarski
The Cleveland Browns have started to make the final cuts to get the roster down to 53 men who will go into week No. 1 next Sunday.
Quarterback Thaddeus Lewis was an early cut on Saturday by the Browns. Cutting Lewis, along with wide receiver Josh Lenz, means Johnny Manziel figures to be the backup quarterback and Terrelle Pryor might secure a roster spot as a wide out and emergency quarterback.
Wide Receiver Josh Lenz was one of the first to go this morning, as he sent this tweet:
Well just got done signing the release papers. Thanks to everyone for support this pre-season! It’s been real Cleveland! #DownNotOut
— Josh Lenz (@Josh_Lenz) September 5, 2015
He was a favorite in the locker room, as Donte Witner tweeted this out yesterday:
Lenz will possibly pass through waivers and be signed to the practice squad by the Browns on Sunday.
– Defensive lineman Jacobbi McDaniel confirmed in a series of tweets he too has been released.
– Cornerback Joe Rankin per the Akron Beacon Journal
– Defensive lineman Dylan Winn per Cleveland.com
– Quarterback Thaddeus Lewis per WaitingForNextYear’s Scott Sargent
- Cornerback Robert Nelson Jr. Tweeted his release
- Wide receiver Josh Lenz tweeted his release
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on