GOODYEAR, Ariz.— The Cleveland Indians announced on Sunday that Michael Brantley will start the season on the disabled list and Tyler Naquin will make the 25-man Opening Day roster.
Brantley underwent surgery in October to stabilize the ligaments in his right ankle. He has faced no setbacks in his rehab so far. In 90 games last season, Brantley had a .299 batting average with 52 RBIs, nine home runs, and 30 total extra-base hits.
Naquin played in 19 games for the Tribe last season, but spent most of the 2017 season down in Triple-A Columbus. He hit .298 with 51 RBIs.
– Michael Brantley will start the season on the DL
– Tyler Naquin has made the 25-man roster pic.twitter.com/gmyfsSw2wU
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) March 25, 2018
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on