While many Heisman Trophy winners fizzle out in the NFL, ESPN and Nissan have found a way to keep many of them relevant with their annual “Heisman House” commercials. Now, the house has welcomed its newest resident, Browns rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield.
Mayfield is the focus of ESPN’s latest Heisman House ad as the former Oklahoma QB serves as the butt of the joke upon making his arrival to house with a flatbed of “crap” to move in. The list of crap includes a Rose Bowl Parade bust of Mayfield’s head, a large crate of headbands, a washer and dryer, a Nissan SUV and much, much more.
We won’t spoil the punch line for you though. Watch for yourself:
— Sooner Gridiron (@soonergridiron) September 13, 2018
Mayfield’s excessive baggage is reference to the handful of character concerns NFL teams had about drafting the Heisman winner back in April. In the end none of it mattered enough to prevent him from being drafted first overall by the Browns. Either way, it’s refreshing to see Mayfield is self-aware enough to play along with the joke.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on