LORAIN, OHIO – The Cleveland Gladiators open the season at home against the Philadelphia Soul this Friday at Quicken Loans arena.
Training camp started on March 10th and ran through March 24th and now the team practices at The Q days before the match up. With “Stone Cold” Shane Austin signing with the Portland Steel (Formally the Portland Thunder) Chris Dieker takes command of the offense with veteran wide outs Colin Taylor, Dominick Goodman and Thyron Lewis.
The defensive side of the ball is where I’ve seen the most change but from what I’ve seen at training camp and under the wing of new DB coach and former Gladiator Dominic Jones and returning defensive coordinator Ron Selesky returning to the team, the defense will be quick and hard hitting this year.
Prepare for a close match up with the division champs on Friday. Click below to see some pictures of the Gladiators in action at training camp.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on