#3 – Corey Kluber: Plain and simple, CY-Kluber must return in 2016. It was very disappointing campaign last season to say the least for the ace of our rotation posting a record of 9-16 with an ERA of 3.49.
The starting rotation is a bright spot for the organization. Along with Carlos Carrasco, Trevor Bauer and Danny Salazar finished second in all of the Majors with 1,407 strikeouts and ranked eighth in ERA with a 3.67.
Bauer will be in the bullpen to start the season, but don’t be surprised to see him making starts throughout the season.
We now know that the fourth and fifth spots in the starting rotation will feature Josh Tomlin and Cody Anderson and it will be important for Kluber to set the pace for this rotation. If Kluber can put up another Cy Young candidate kind of year, it could really help out this ballclub be in playoff contention and playing into October.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns’ Secondary is Key to Success in 2022 on
- NEO Staff Shares their All-Time Greatest Cleveland Baseball Lineups on
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on