The 2016 NPSL Champion AFC Cleveland Royals open their title defense at home May 13, 2017 at 7 p.m. against the Dayton Dynamo. The Royals host all 2017 home games at Stan Skoczen Stadium on the campus of Independence High School in Independence, Ohio.
The ability to catch the Champs play at home comes plentiful in 2017. In a matter of four weekends from May 28 through June 17, the team will host East Conference foes Erie Commodores, May 28, FC Buffalo, June 9, a friendly against CSA Impact, June 17, and the annual Hank Steinbrecher Cup, June 2-3.
The Hank Steinbrecher Cup will feature the NPSL champion matching up against the other 2016 league champions Michigan Bucks (PDL), Christos FC (USASA Open Cup), and FC United (Steinbrecher Cup holders). The cup is to designate the best amateur team in America; allowing a chance for a Royals trophy win on their home turf.
Add home games against Fort Pitt, June 23, Syracuse FC, July 1, and Rochester Riverdogz, July 7, there are nine opportunities to be a spectator to the championship defense in 2017. Season and tournament tickets can be purchased directly from the team’s website, afccleveland.com/tickets.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on