While last season ended differently than he and the team would have wanted, no one can deny the impact that former first-overall pick Myles Garrett has made for the Browns in his time with the franchise.
With that, the Browns picked up his fifth-year option, ensuring that he will be with the Browns at least for the next couple of years.
What about a long term extension though? The Browns don’t want to get caught with their pants down and lose Garrett in free agency, but what is the right amount of money that the team should offer the pass rusher?
NFL Network spoke earlier today about Garrett and they were joined by GM Andrew Berry about the subject.
#Browns GM Andrew Berry told RapSheet + Friends (https://t.co/CiKkY8tVHv) that he hopes Myles Garrett is with the #Browns for years to come. Why a long-term extension makes sense 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼 pic.twitter.com/Xfe6oebpQU
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 5, 2020
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on