On Wednesday, all pitchers and catchers around MLB have reported to their spring training sites.
It is not necessary for position players for the Indians to report to Spring Training until Sunday, but some players have already made their way to Goodyear, Arizona.
President of baseball operations for the Indians, Chris Antonetti had the following to say about Michael Brantley (who had ankle surgery on his right ankle in October).
Brantley has started doing some straight-ahead running already, but no cutting, sprinting, agility-type work yet.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) February 14, 2018
During the 2017 season, Brantley hit .299/.357/.444 in 90 games. He had 20 doubles, on triple, nine homers, drove in 52 runs, stole 11 bases (1 caught stealing) and made the All-Star team. He also had a WAR of 2.1.
The Indians are hoping that they have a fully healthy Brantley this year, as the team picked up his option for the 2018 season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on