Indians manager Terry Francona announced on ESPN’s Mike and Mike morning radio show that Trevor Bauer is “good to go” to start Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday.
Indians manager Terry Francona just said Trevor Bauer is good to go to start Game 2 tomorrow night and Josh Tomlin would start in Game 3. pic.twitter.com/3uJa3sfk8Q
— Golic and Wingo (@GolicAndWingo) October 25, 2016
Bauer only lasted 0.2 innings in his last start before he had to leave the game when his pinky was bleeding in Game 3 of the ALCS.
One of the main factors for Bauer to pitch Game 2 on Wednesday rather than Game 3 on Friday in Chicago is that he does not have to bat in the home games, which could aggravate his pinky injury.
If the series lines up the way Francona hopes and it does go at least six games, the logical conclusion would be for Bauer to start Game 6, also at home and save Corey Kluber for a possible Game 7 to make his third start of the series (if needed).
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on