If you were expecting to see LeBron James’ reaction, whether it be win or lose, to the NBA MVP Award winner, you’re out of luck. ESPN’s Dave McMenamin reported on Monday that the Cavs’ superstar will not be in attendance for the league’s awards show.
Instead, fans around the league will be greeted by appearances from Cleveland guards Jordan Clarkson and John Holland.
Any Cleveland fans looking to tune into the NBA Awards show on TNT tonight, the team says Jordan Clarkson and John Holland are the two Cavs scheduled to be in attendance. LeBron not expected to be there for the MVP announcement.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 25, 2018
LeBron is a finalist for the NBA Most Valuable Player award once again, this time battling for votes against Houston’s James Harden and New Orleans’ Anthony Davis. Harden is considered to be the favorite according to basketball reference’s MVP tracker.
The NBA Awards starts at 9 p.m. ET.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on