This past Saturday against the Kansas City Royals, Jose Ramirez was removed in the first inning.
On Sunday morning it was revealed that Jose fractured his Hamate Bone in his right hand following his MRI from Saturday night.
Mandy Bell of MLB.com tweeted out the news stating that the Indians third baseman will miss 5-7 weeks of playing time.
Jose Ramirez underwent successful surgery on his right hamate bone yesterday. He is expected to return to Major League game activity in 5-7 weeks.
— Mandy Bell (@MandyBell02) August 27, 2019
The regular season for the Indians ends on September 29 which means Jose is done for the regular season season but could possibly come back for the playoffs if Cleveland happens to get in.
Yu Chang and Mike Freeman are expected to split time at third base following the injury.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on