The Browns just lost to the Houston Texans 33-17. A report has already come out that the 0- 6 Browns are reaching out to Football Executives, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
What exactly does this mean? Not only is head coach Hue Jackson on the hot seat, but now it appears executive V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown is on the hot seat as well.
Sashi Brown took over the football operations just over a season ago when the Browns fired former GM Ray Farmer. One of Sashi Brown’s first moves was hiring former Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson as head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Hue Jackson is currently 0-6 as the Browns head coach and 1-21 in his first two seasons.
The way the Browns front office is structured now, there is no General Manager, although that is pretty much what Sashi Brown’s position is. In 2 NFL Drafts, Sashi Brown has collected several draft picks, including the first overall pick last draft where the Browns selected defensive end Myles Garrett out of Texas A&M.
It’s unclear as to whether or not the Browns would keep their front office in place if they were to add a football executive or a GM. But at 0-6, with the bye week two weeks away, we could see some changes with the Browns. Odds of that are slim but it seems rather possible. The bottom line is the Browns have only won one game in the last twenty- two games. A change at the helm may not be such a bad idea.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on