CLEVELAND- Before hitting the road for a seven-game series to end the regular season, the Indians will look to take the weekend series against Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball edition.
Location: Progressive Field
Starting Pitchers: RHP Hector Velasquez (7-2, 3.18 ERA) vs RHP Adam Plutko (4-5, 5.27 ERA)
TV Channel: ESPN
Online Stream: MLB.TV
Radio: ESPN Radio, WTAM 1100 and WMMS 100.7
1. Plutko on the hill
The spotlight will be on starter Plutko as he’ll make another spot start.
His last start was a no-decision on Sept. 8 against Toronto, a game the Indians won 9-8. He pitched 4 2/3 innings, allowing five runs and nine hits.
Plutko has one career appearance against the Red Sox. It came Aug. 23, a 7-0 loss in Boston. He pitched 4 1/3 innings, giving up five runs, five hits and five walks with four strikeouts. He hasn’t won a game since June 24. In nine appearances (six starts) since, he is 0-4 with a 5.77 ERA.
2. Fun potential playoff matchup
Indians will likely face the Hoston Astros in the American League Divisional Series as Red Sox will fave the winner of Wild Card. With these two teams playing well and both clinching their divisions for third straight year, this matchup can be fun to watch in late October. Of course, will have to be up to the teams.
3. Recapping this weekend series
With today being the last home game for Tribe and playing on ESPN, Indians will try to take the weekend series. Friday, Red Sox took game one winning 7-5, the game that starting pitcher Trevor Bauer returned. Last night, Tribe won on walk-off fashion thanks to Mike Brantley. Also, starting rotation made history. Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, and Clevinger all has 200 strikeouts this season
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on